Anyway, this post is because I have a Raspberry Pi, and I am working to make it into a Xibo Digital Signage station. My current setup is a nComputing terminal at each tv, but that is not 1080P HD over HDMI.
Listed below is my setup of the Raspberry Pi and what I had to do to get it to run Xibo Pyclient. I have followed some great articles online, one of which is located at: http://www.cnx-software/2012/01/19/xibo-digital-signage-in-raspberry-pi-emulator-step-1/
Follow the Xibo Pyclient instructions located at: http://wiki.xibo.org.uk/wiki/Install_Guide_Python_Client
I have also used the assistance of many people on the Raspberry Pi Forum: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=12261
(All commands are rough since I built this a week ago, but I should have better instructions when I build it again for the other screen!)
- I started with the latest Raspbian "wheezy" image located at Raspberry pi's Download page.
- Make sure you apt-get update, and apt-get upgrade, and apt-get dist-upgrade to get the latest
- Follow Xibo's Pyclient install instructions:
sudo apt-get install python-gtk2 glade librsvg2-2 python-imaging dropbear sudo apt-get install -y libdc1394-22 libgraphicsmagick++3 libgraphicsmagick3 bzr
python-soappy python-feedparser python-serial libavcodec52 libavformat52
libswscale0 libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio libvdpau1 ?sudo apt-get install libboost-python1.42.0 libboost-thread1.42.0- sudo ldconfig
- sudo apt-get install python-libavg
- The instructions continue with getting Berkelium and libbrowsernode, but those aren't compiled yet. Hopefully someone with knowledge can do that. Berkelium is required, Hexxeh's Chromium is currently not compatible with Xibo, so I don't know if that can be fixed.
- mkdir /opt/zibo
- cd /opt/xibo && sudo bzr branch lp:xibo pyclient
- cd /opt/xibo/pyclient/client/python
- sudo cp site.cfg.default site.cfg
- sudo nano site.cfg
- Edit the server sections to work with your Xibo server.
This is as far as I have been able to go before the script tells me that the version of Berkelium is not compatible. I hope that sometime this will be fixed, but until then this is what I got so far. It is close, but still not working. I will edit as I get it working.
Edit: I decided to give up with this project. If someone else gets this going please message me and I would be glad to test it out. I have moved away from Xibo signage and am just using my own php page with iframes to do what I want to accomplish. At some time I might get back into it. Anyway, good luck.